This lasagna makes for a great family meal. It is easy to plan with as it can be prepared in advance and is packed with vegetables.Not only do the onions and garlic provide plenty good-for-you sulfur compounds, the large variety of vegetables and herbs, makes this a nutritious allrounder that everyone in the family is sure to enjoy.
2 cloves of garlic
1 large carrot
4 large brown mushrooms
2 tsp dried oregano
500 gram beef mince
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 large handful parsley
2 tbsp chopped chives
200 ml water
200 gram grated cheese
250 gram lasagne sheets
2 small tubs of creme fraiche
1 handful of fresh baby spinach
1. In a large non-stick pan, heat a little olive oil and add the chopped onion, garlic, mushrooms and carrot. Fry for about 5 minutes, until softened but not darkened.
2. Add the mince, chopped tomatoes, herbs, and water and stir everything together. Leave this sauce to cook for about an hour on low heat.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
4. Coat a large oven proof lasagne dish with olive oil and smear creme fraiche on bottom of the pan along with 4 tablespoons of sauce.
5. Add a layer of lasagne sheets on the creme fraiche and sauce mixture.
6. Add a thin layer of creme fraiche, then a solid layer of sauce followed by another layer of sheets.
7. Repeat until you have used up your ingredients and end with a layer creme fraiche. Use the baby spinach leaves on the last layer of sauce.
8. Cut the tomato in slices and lay these on top of the lasagne.
9. Add the grated cheese on top to cover the lasagne and the tomato slices.
10. Bake the lasagna in the oven for 40 minutes until browned on top and cooked throughout.
11. Enjoy with a fresh, green salad on the side.