My all time favourite breakfast is actually sticky rice cooked in coconut milk, served in a banana tree leaf with fresh mango. My Filipina aunt is to blame for that. But hey, I live in Europe and fresh, tropical things are not easy to get a hold of
and if they are available, they do not taste anything like the real deal. This coconut pudding with fresh berries, however, is a totally acceptable alternative. In season, we can get lovely berries, which make for a superb breakfast. Combined with the flavours of coconut and almond, this is an extremely satisfying start of the day.
For 2 portions
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup chia seeds
4 tbsp shredded coconut
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the coconut milk, the almond milk and the shredded coconut.
2. Stir in the chia seeds and mix well.
3. Divide the mixture over two bowls or cups and cover with cling film.
4. Let this mixture set in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
5. Add the chopped strawberries on top. If you like, add some honey, linseeds or coconut shavings too.
6. Enjoy for a lovely filling breakfast or as a sweet dessert.