Zucchini pasta is one of those dishes I wasn´t too convinced of and therefore took ages to try out. And I really was pleasantly surprised! The combination of tangy avocado dressing with the saltier mozzarella and the fresh zucchini and tomato is really delicious and makes for a quick, easy, colourful and nourishing meal. Highly recommended with some fresh herbs sprinkled over the top.
For 2 portions
100 gram cherry tomatoes
1 large (ripe) avocado
Splash of lime juice
Pepper and salt to taste
100 gram tub of mini mozzarella balls
Parsley to garnish
1. Using a Julienne peeler, slice the zucchini from top to bottom. Use the dry part of the zucchini only and stop slicing once you reach the middle.
2. Halve the tomatoes and season the tomatoes and zucchini with a little salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, mash the avocado and add a the lime juice. Combine until you have a smooth mixture.
4. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the zucchini pasta and tomatoes for a few minutes, until warm and slightly softened.
5. Spoon the avocado mixture over the pasta and mix to combine.
6. Serve in a bowl with the mozzarella balls and sprinkle with parsley to serve.