For the end of flu, cold and runny noses season, one more lovely and warming soup that provides nourishment for the soul. The rosemary roasted tomatoes and chickpeas give this soup a nice depth of flavour, which is best enjoyed with a fresh slice of buttered bread.
Recipe adapted from Green Kitchen Stories.
Makes 2 – 3 portions
1 kg ripe tomatoes
1 tin chickpeas
5 large mushrooms
4 cloves of garlic
A few sprigs of rosemary
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 large cup of water
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Place the tomatoes, chickpeas, garlic and mushrooms with the sprigs of rosemary in a large baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil and a few splashes of Tabasco.
3. Bake in the middle of the oven for an hour, until everything is soft and has a nice colour.
4. Remove the sprigs of rosemary and place the vegetable mixture in a blender.
5. Add a cup of water and blend until the mixture is smooth. Check the consistency and add a little extra water if necessary.
6. Serve with a slice of fresh, buttered bread.