Cauliflower couscous. It is another one of these recipes that I have waited ages for to try out. And ultimately extremely enjoyed! This is so incredibly good, it will be on my staples list for sure. It is veg, veg, veg all the way and makes for a warm and very filling and satisfying dish.
Serve it with some protein on the side or some smoked mackerel pieces stirred through it.
Makes 24 bites
1 head of cauliflower
1 head of broccoli
1 red pepper
1/2 cup of parsley
1/2 block of feta cheese
1 tsp powdered garlic
1 tsp mixed Moroccan spice
Splash of Tabasco
1 tsp black pepper and lemon spice
1. Cut the florets off the cauliflower and broccoli and wash them.
2. Pat the florets dry and put them in your food processor. Pulse until you have a rice like consistency. If there are any larger pieces left, remove those.
3. Heat a little oil in a large saucepan. Sprinkle the garlic powder and Moroccan spice over the cauliflower.
4. Cook the cauliflower couscous with the broccoli until soft and tender and resembling couscous. This should take about 7 to 8 minutes.
5. In the meantime, crumble the feta in a large bowl and add the chopped parsley, the Tabasco and the lemon/pepper spice.
6. Cut the red pepper into thin rounds.
7. Once cooked, add the cauliflower and broccoli mixture to the feta and parsley mixture in the bowl.
8. Stir everything together and top with the sliced red pepper.
9. You can enjoy this warm or let it cool down and store in the fridge for a few days to have cold as a prepped lunch.