Sweet potato pizzas! Why didn’t I think of this before? It is such a simple concept, yet is absolutely delicious and goes down well with the small people too so that is a definite bonus as well!
Being time poor and not wanting to keep my kid up past 8 pm just because I fancy feeding him fresh, homemade meals, when I plan on making these I prepare everything the night in advance so that I only have to throw everything together on a baking plate and stick it in the oven after coming home from work.
Makes 24 mini pizza bites
3 large sweet potatoes
1 tin plum tomatoes
1 tbsp oregano
1/2 cup chopped brown mushrooms
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 a block of feta cheese
1. On the stove, bring the tomatoes with the oregano and a sprinkle of pepper to a simmer.
2. Let this simmer for 1.5 hours or until thick enough to spread. Stir regularly to break down the tomatoes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
4. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into even rounds of about 2 cm thick.
5. Divide them onto a lined baking sheets.
6. Spread a large teaspoon of tomato sauce over each sweet potato disc.
7. Add the toppings and sprinkle with feta cheese.
8. Bake in the preheated over for 15 minutes.
9. Best enjoyed warm, straight out of the oven.