Winter calls for some warming and scrumptious side dishes that make the house smell like heaven.
These rainbow carrots are glazed with maple and butter and baked in the oven. They are tender and sweet and warming and make for an irresistable side dish.
500 gram rainbow carrots
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Scrub and wash the carrots and pat them dry.
3. Melt the butter with the maple syrup.
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper and divide the carrots over the tray.
5. Baste the carrots with half of the butter and maple syrup mixture.
6. Place in the center of the oven for 15 minutes.
7. Take the carrots out and glaze them with the remaining mixture. Give the tray a good shake to divide the butter and maple syrup.
8. Place the tray back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
9. Take out of the oven, sprinkle with a little salt and serve.