It is not often that I check Kayla’s Sweat app for inspiration on snacks and food but these long, dark evenings are much more manageable with some cookies on hand. And I felt like baking something, so I was delighted to find these carrot cookies.
As I have my own way of eating and using ingredients, I modified the recipe a bit to suit my diet and pantry. They came out soft and chewy and golden brown and taste delicous. All with a portion of veg incorporated already!
Makes about 16 cookies
1 cup oats
75 gram almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp linseeds
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup grated carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Put all the dry ingreidents together in a food processor and pulse until a fine, crumbly consistency has been reached.
3. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup and egg.
4. Pulse again until well combined.
5. Mix the grated carrots with the cookie mixture and combine well with a wooden spoon.
6. Scoop tablespoons full of the mixture and roll into balls between the palms of your hands.
7. Arrange the cookies onto a lined baking tray and press them down with the back of spoon.
8. Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
9. The cookies will be golden brown. Let them cool down on the tray and, once completely cooled, store in an airtight container.