If you are stuck for dinner or lunch (or breakfast), this is an easy and nutritious alternative. You can even make it the night before and take it as an office or on-the-go lunch.
It has everything yummy in it with an extra dose of veggies. Yum.
Makes 3 rolls
3 nori sheets
1 cup of rice
Splash of almond milk
Pepper to taste
1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, sliced
1/2 an avocado, sliced
1. Cook the rice as per the instructions (as a rice addict, I naturally use my rice cooker for this step).
2. Set the rice apart to cool down.
3. In a cup, mix the two eggs with the pepper and almond milk and beat with a fork.
4. Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick pan and put the egg mixture in the pan. Stir and scrape continuously until the eggs are cooked through.
5. Set the eggs aside to cool down.
6. Spread a nori sheet onto a rolling mat and add two tablespoons of cooked rice on top. Spread evenly.
7. In a neat row in the center of the rice, add a third of the cooked egg, spinach and avocado.
8. Wet the rims of the nori sheets slightly so that they stick together better.
9. Roll tightly into a wrap and cut in half.
10. Repeat for 2 more nori sheets until the ingredients are finished.
11. Serve with a splash of soy sauce.