Makes 1 loaf cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Warm the coconut oil in a pan on low heat. Add the maple syrup and chocolate. Break the chocolate up into smaller pieces so that it will melt more quickly.
3. Once the chocolate has completely melted, remove the pan from the heat.
4. Add the grated beetroot and eggs and stir well to combine.
5. In a large bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and cacao powder and stir until evenly mixed.
6. Add the beet and oil mixture to the large bowl and mix well until an even batter has formed.
7. Grease a loaf tin with a little oil and add the tablespoon of coconut.
8. Shake the tin around until the desiccated coconut covers all sides and the complete bottom of the tin.
9. Pour the batter into the tin and set in the middle of the preheated oven.
10. Bake for 30 minutes.
11. Let the tin cool down for at least 15 minutes before taking it out of the tin and cutting it.
12. Keep the cake in an airtight container. It can be kept for a few days.